I debated about sharing this post but then I remembered that I started this blog to share what I learn as I go on this journey called life. So here you go. From being married for 5 years I’ve learned that life happens and you just have to role with it sometimes. I’ve also learned that I have the power to make the best out of what happens and to learn from EVERY situation.
On this day 5 years ago I married my husband and although we are separated right now I want to recognize our union. I’m not one to go around bashing a black man, we have enough people doing that, just because we are not on the best of terms. So while many people continue to say “that’s” just the way men are…men are sorry…insert what you want here, I’m choosing to recognize the greatness of the man I married and will continue to pray for forgiveness and for us to be happy again, hopefully that will be together, but if not I will ALWAYS respect what we had while together. If it weren’t for our union I wouldn’t be who I am today and I wouldn’t have my boys. (And y’all know what they mean to me😊).
5 great things about my husband on our 5th anniversary.
1. He’s very creative and artistic
2. Working with children is one of his gifts. They seem to connect with him and he’s able to teach them because of that connection. I remember being amazed by him as he taught HIV/AIDS awareness through drama to 7 and 8 year old children.
3. He’s pretty patient and kind most of the time.
4. He can be very silly and playful when I’m feeling down.
5. He dreams BIG!! And I know he’ll realize some of his dreams.
So here’s to my husband. And for those who continue to be supportive, I say thank you. And to those who wonder how you can be supportive I ask you to keep lifting us up in your prayers.